Join the APS Family!
We are a small, local design-build general contractor specializing in commercial tenant improvement of retail (office, food service, and fitness) spaces, with a passion and expertise in green building and sustainability (including LEED and other program offerings). We’re seeking to grow our project execution team and help manage our growing demand! APS is a diverse and inclusive, familial work environment, and we pride ourselves on impactful, purposeful work. Our employees are offered competitive salary, benefits, and growth and advancement opportunities on the team.
As a group, we aim to optimize the company and every individual therein as we grow. Our mission is to improve the lives and well-being of our clients, our vendors, and our team through constant effort, fun, and acknowledgement that our professions can and should reflect our greatest strengths. Because work is such a dominant part of our time on this planet, at APS we believe it should be enjoyable, natural, and integrate well with daily life!
We will post current open positions here. Here’s how to apply:
- Email email@example.com with the Job Title you’re interested in applying for in the subject line, for example: “Field Team Associate”.
- Include your Resume and at least two References (include full name and contact number, can be from school projects/programs)
Field Team Associate
As a General Contractor that subcontracts out most of our work, we also perform components of all trades in-house. Our field team positions are multi-trade, so are likely to perform, be trained in, and even specialize in one or more of the following on an ongoing basis.
- Indoor/Outdoor Construction and Labor, including but not limited to: Demolition, rough framing, finish carpentry, cabinet installation, door installation, fixture installation, painting, minor electrical, minor Plumbing, welding, cleaning, site management
- Contribute to daily work order meetings with the team
- Take and organize project photos
- Read and understand construction drawings: civil, structural, and architectural plans, MEPs, and detail sheets
- Constantly seek and present ways to improve the company service offering and strategies
- Professional demeanor
- Psyched, friendly attitude
- Task orientation and problem solving skills
- Intentional, clear communication
- Willingness to collaborate
- Organization and willingness to plan
- Adaptability and inquisitiveness
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to independently commute to project sites
- 2+ years construction work or comparable experience
- Technologically capable (at least basic familiarity with; word, excel, PDF programs, email, and ability to effectively share and transfer files, photos, documents etc.)
$15- $25 per hour depending upon experience
This is a Full-Time (40 hours/week, M-F) position.
Successful candidates will be required to have a valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
We look forward to meeting you! If this role seems like a good fit for you, please email your Resume and at least two References (include full name and contact number, can be from school projects/programs) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Field Team Associate”.