JOIN THE APS FAMILY!
We are a small, local design-build general contractor specializing in commercial tenant improvement of retail (office, food service, and fitness) spaces, with a passion and expertise in green building and sustainability (including LEED and other program offerings). We’re seeking to grow our project execution team and help manage our growing demand! APS is a diverse and inclusive, familial work environment, and we pride ourselves on impactful, purposeful work. Our employees are offered competitive salary, benefits, and growth and advancement opportunities on the team.
As a group, we aim to optimize the company and every individual therein as we grow. Our mission is to improve the lives and well-being of our clients, our vendors, and our team through constant effort, fun, and acknowledgement that our professions can and should reflect our greatest strengths. Because work is such a dominant part of our time on this planet, at APS we believe it should be enjoyable, natural, and integrate well with daily life!
As a General Contractor that subcontracts out most of our work, we also perform components of all trades in-house. Our field team positions are multi-trade, so are likely to perform, be trained in, and even specialize in one or more of the following on an ongoing basis.
- Indoor/Outdoor Construction and Labor, including but not limited to: Demolition, rough framing, finish carpentry, cabinet installation, door installation, fixture installation, painting, minor electrical, minor Plumbing, welding, cleaning, site management
- Contribute to daily work order meetings with the team
- Take and organize project photos
- Read and understand construction drawings: civil, structural, and architectural plans, MEPs, and detail sheets
- Constantly seek and present ways to improve the company service offering and strategies
- Professional demeanor
- Psyched, friendly attitude
- Task orientation and problem solving skills
- Intentional, clear communication
- Willingness to collaborate
- Organization and willingness to plan
- Adaptability and inquisitiveness
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to independently commute to project sites
- 2+ years construction work or comparable experience
- Technologically capable (at least basic familiarity with; word, excel, PDF programs, email, and ability to effectively share and transfer files, photos, documents etc.)
$15- $25 per hour depending upon experience
This is a Full-Time (40 hours/week, M-F) position.
Successful candidates will be required to have a valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
We look forward to meeting you! If this role seems like a good fit for you, please email your Resume and at least two References (include full name and contact number, can be from school projects/programs) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Field Team Associate”.